Are you reaching today’s consumer online with video?
David Marine, Director of Consumer Experience with Coldwell Banker Real Estate Company LLC, recently shared some interesting facts pertaining to how today’s online consumer utilizes video in their “information gathering” phase.
- 2 billion videos are viewed on YouTube every day. That’s twice as many as last year!
- The average person watches 182 online videos every month.
- 51% of all content viewed online is video content.
- 73% of homeowners say they’re more likely to list with a Realtor offering to do video, yet only 12% of the real estate industry currently have YouTube accounts. (Source: mashable.com)
- More than ever before, home buyers are utilizing YouTube during their home search process.
In a recent study conducted by Google, home buyers were asked how they utilized YouTube during their home search, and here’s what they had to say.
- 86% utilized YouTube to find out more about a specific community.
- 82% utilized YouTube to “virtually” tour available homes for sale.
- 70% utilized YouTube to get tips on buying a home.
- 66% utilized YouTube to find a real estate agent.
Did you know that no one is doing video like Coldwell Banker ON LOCATION?
Over 3 billion visitors have viewed videos on the Coldwell Banker On Location YouTube channel in the past 2 years. That’s a lot of video!
So, here’s the ultimate question. As a Coldwell Banker sales associate, are you there? Do you know how to create, edit, and upload video to the On Location channel? Are you aware that you can upload a community, agent, listing, or office video to reach today’s home buyer who is actively utilizing YouTube in their home search process?
If you are not sure how to do this or would like to learn more, join Coldwell Banker United, Realtors for their 2011 Summer Social Media Summit with Jeremy Blanton of 210 Consulting on August 16th in Charlotte or August 17th in Columbia.
If you like what you just read, please “Share the Knowledge” with your friends by clicking on one of the share buttons below. And, if you don’t want to miss any of my future posts, please subscribe via email.